Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Insanity!

I have reached the point where I can not bear the sight of my own disgustingness. Actually I reached it a couple weeks ago. So, after tipping the scales at an all-time high of about 207 pounds, I decided to attempt what has become an annual summer workout regimen. I did P90X each of the last two summers after ballooning up to about 200 each year, and each time it worked well, helping me shed 20+ pounds.

This time around, I'm trying Insanity. It's much more cardio-based than anything on P90X, and that's what this tubbo needs. Anyway, I'll be posting progress updates every once in a while.

So far, I've done one week, and I've lost 2.5 pounds. And I've wept a lot between asthma attacks. And my knee kinda hurts. But it's all good. The goal is to complete Insanity and then from there move on to a P90X/Insanity mixture and try to not to gain all the weight back.

Man, getting old sucks. What happened to the metabolism of my youth?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to my 210 pound world... Although you are much braver than I for offering online updates. I will shiv whomever gives my before pics the Weinergate leak treatment...

    ReplyDelete